Late-blooming Australia batsman Adam Voges and spin bowler Xavier Doherty announced their retirement from international and state cricket at the end of the domestic Sheffield Shield season on Wednesday.
Cricket Australia has bolstered its campaign to host a day-night Test against South Africa later this year by publishing an interview with captain Steve Smith in which he backed the proposed fixture.
Cricket Australia has commissioned an independent review into the cause and circumstances of last year's death of Test batsman Phillip Hughes in a bid to prevent anything similar happening in the future.
Australia's 'A' tour of South Africa has fallen victim to the pay dispute between the players and Cricket Australia after the squad decided not to travel as scheduled on Friday in the absence of a new agreement.
Australia's cricket board gambled that greed would motivate top players into accepting a pay offer and while that bet has backfired the parties are likely to thrash out a deal in time to avert an Ashes boycott, former captain Ian Chappell said.
The West Indies batting ace, who made headlines after attempting to flirt with Network Ten reporter Mel McLaughlin during a live interview, was savaged by commentators for refusing to take what appeared to be an easy single for his Melbourne Renegades team against Sydney Thunder late Monday.
Cricket Australia still in the dark over Australia vs India day-night Test
From being called 'leader of snakes' to 'the Donald Trump of cricket' by the visiting media, Kohli has been facing all kinds of allegations.
Australia have withdrawn from the under-19 World Cup in Bangladesh later this month because of concerns over the 'safety and security' of the squad, Cricket Australia said.
West Indies batsman Chris Gayle has said he was joking when he asked an Australian reporter out during a live TV broadcast and said he was sorry if she was offended by the widely condemned remarks.
The first Test between India and Australia is all set to be rescheduled as three of the senior cricketers in Shane Watson, David Warner and Brad Haddin are amongst those who have already said that they are not in perfect state of mind to return to competitive cricket.
Australian sport was reeling in shock after Phillip Hughes suffered a serious head injury while batting in a domestic cricket match on Tuesday.
Australia coach Darren Lehmann dismissed Virat Kohli's allegation that his team repeatedly sought DRS inputs from the dressing room, insisting that the second Test was played the right way.
Firmly backing Steve Smith, Cricket Australia said questioning his integrity is 'outrageous' and there was no 'ill-intent' in the captain's move of seeking the help of the dressing room when deciding whether to review a decision during the second Test against India.
The country's cricket governing body and the ACA had remained locked in tense negotiations over the new Memorandum of Understanding (MoU). The current deal expires on June 30.
The International Cricket Council is taking allegations in a British newspaper about attempts to organise spot-fixing during the third Ashes Test "extremely seriously" but do not think the match has been compromised, global cricket's governing body said on Thursday.
Late Phillip Hughes named 13th man in Australian squad.
Cricket Australia (CA) will push for up to two day-night Tests at next year's Ashes series despite the misgivings of captain Steven Smith and his England counterpart Alastair Cook.
Allegations of spot-fixing by English cricketers have been dismissed by the England and Wales Cricket Board's Integrity Team and Cricket Australia.
Australia's cricket board has promised a review of the Ashes debacle after the dead rubber Test at The Oval.
Discussions over whether Australia will host England in a first day-night Ashes cricket Test next year are taking place but nothing has been decided yet, Cricket Australia (CA) said on Thursday. England head Down Under next November for the 2017-18 series and local media reported on Thursday that the England and Wales Cricket Board (ECB) had agreed in principle to play one of the matches under lights.
Australia's hapless performances in the 2-0 series loss to South Africa came in for huge criticism from the country's local media on Wednesday, with demands for heads to roll in both the dressing room and the corridors of power at Cricket Australia.
After reviewing the circumstances surrounding the incident to determine whether the 25-year-old's death could have been avoided, NSW State Coroner Michael Barnes said he could find no evidence to support the view of Hughes' family that he had died in a "very unsafe workplace".
The controversial West Indies star opener Chris Gayle has found his support through a hashtag campaign.
The much-awaited World Cup clash between co-hosts Australia and New Zealand will be about more than just the race for quarter-final places with the cricket boards of both countries confirming that the Chappell-Hadlee Trophy will be at stake.
The Australian cricket board confirmed on Friday there would be no eleventh hour breakthrough in a bitter pay dispute with the players' union, leaving more than 200 leading cricketers uncontracted and the fate of future tournaments in limbo.
The trio, stripped of their positions, will discover the full extent of their punishment in the next "24 hours" with Cricket Australia chief James Sutherland promising "significant sanctions" at a news conference in Johannesburg.
Multiple world champion Pellegrini tests positive for COVID-19.
A calf injury to explosive batsman Lynn opened an unlikely door for 34-year-old White, who played the last of his 88 ODIs in 2015 and has since been critical of a pro-youth policy he felt did not reward the performance of senior players.
The first Test between India and Australia will be rescheduled, as three senior cricketers of the home side -- Shane Watson, David Warner and Brad Haddin -- are among those who have said that they are not in perfect state of mind to return to competitive cricket.
Australia captain Steve Smith and star opener David Warner say they have no desire to play four-day Tests.
The BCCI will discuss the fate of Champions League T20 with the Presidents of Cricket South Africa and Cricket Australia.
Australians can expect a backlash from the top ranked Test side in the world, according to former captain Ricky Ponting.
Luminaries call for Cricket Australia chairman to resign
The plotters are believed to have included six men and one woman, all in their 20s, who allegedly planned to plant bombs and use knives and firearms to launch a "multi-node" attack at Federation Square, Flinders Street Station and St Paul's Cathedral.
Cricket Australia will hold a range of tributes to honour the late Phillip Hughes.
India will take on Australia in the second ODI of the tri-series, also involving England, on January 18, after Cricket Australia decided to swap the first two matches to give appropriate recovery time to the Indian players following the rescheduling of the four-Test series.
The incident, which Australian captain Steve Smith said involved senior players hatching a plan to tamper with the ball during a game against rival South Africa, also threatens to upset current negotiations over broadcast rights.
Emotions were still too raw in the wake of the death of Phillip Hughes to make a decision on whether to go ahead with next week's first Test against India, Cricket Australia chief executive James Sutherland said on Friday.
India will usher in 2016 with a three-week tour of Australia, comprising five ODIs and three T20 Internationals, starting January 12.